Tuesday, November 6, 2007

FinComm Corner: Underestimated

By Jerome Caylao, Treasurer

The first semester has ended and we are halfway done with the academic year. (I hope all your acads are okay). The past semester was definitely helluva one and I am glad that we are all starting a new one with the org still intact and full of fire burning within the members. For that, I would like to commend the members for a job well done especially in our major events so far -- CEER and Pautakan. There may be shortcomings from some members and from us members of the Executive Council but generally speaking we got off the hook.

Being the Treasurer of Aguman opened a lot of opportunities and privileges. The position gave me a sense of pride that there are still members who believed in me despite the fact that I resigned a year ago due to health reasons. I always believe that it takes a lot of courage to take responsibility of the organization’s finances and when I assume the job I thought I was ready for the challenge. I underestimated the sacrifices and workload the job entails. Now, if I would rate my performance as a leader to my committee I would definitely give myself a failing grade for the simple reason that our committee has been the most absent during the first semester. The absence of my committee was definitely my fault and for that, my deepest and sincerest apologies. I know that during the time that the organization needed our services the most we weren’t there or the man power coming from our committee is inadequate. I cannot blame anyone but myself because it is my responsibility as their leader to organize my committee. In the same way, I myself seemed to be in the lead in absences. Again, my apologies.

However, we may be absent from a lot of events but I think that we never ignored our responsibility in raising the organization’s funds. So far, we already had three fundraisers that I think were successful though I cannot deny that the Shrek Re-run had caused a big issue with the members. But these fundraisers wouldn’t be possible if not for the members’ cooperation. For that, I would like to extend my gratitude to all the members who supported these fundraisers: Globe Sim Packs Selling, Shrek 3 Re-run Major Tie-up and the Harry Potter Book 6 & 7 Raffle. But I cannot take full credit of these fundraisers because there are other people who suggested or presented these fundraisers.

I would like to abuse this opportunity to thank specific people that helped me get my job done:
*Lea, for the sponsorships and taking over for me during Pautakan
*Justin, for attending those meetings that I wasn’t able to attend, taking over during Pautakan and keeping me updated (I know I abused you more than you thought I would)
*Daph and Gboi for listening to my complaints and giving me the strength
*the Executive Council, for understanding me
*and of course to my buddies, Acey and Felipe, for uplifting me when I needed it the most.

For the others who weren’t mentioned you know who you are and to you, my sincere thanks. Also, I would like to say sorry for my shortcomings and all my mistakes.


That’s all for now! Ciao!

PAUTAKAN 2007 SPONSORS

Co-Presentor
Level Up! Games
Engr Lhoi Lagman

Major Sponsor
Cerealicious Caf
é

Minor Sponsor
Nick Dizon


Half-Page Advertisers:
Neslee Pamintuan
Arthur Cayanan
Eva Villegas
Christine & Kimberly Herico
Mr & Mrs Eduardo Dela Cruz

Donors:
Remigio Pangan
Edwin Paningbatan
Andre Galang
Susan Fogata
Normita Patiu
Tess Quizon
Lorna Blanco
Kimberly Cadag

UP Aguman on Facebook

UP AGUMAN

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

EXECUTIVE COUNCIL 2009-2010

  • President:
  • KEVIN PENALBA
  • Internals Vice-President:
  • TRISH NACPIL
  • Externals Vice-President:
  • ARIES VIRAY
  • Secretary:
  • MICHAEL GULAPA
  • Treasurer:
  • BRYAN QUIZON
  • Educational Committee Chairperson:
  • RUTH HENSON
  • Socio-Cultural Committee Chairperson:
  • MINSKY GOCE
Powered By Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google PageRank Checker Tool

AguPIPS on Multiply