Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Wish

Inside a Picture Unfading

The picture lastingly suspended,
floating in their memories.
It was their picture that frequently reminded
how a moment,
remains, forever, just a moment.
He remembers,
how her hand firmly held his shoulders.
She remembers,
how his hand softly held her waist.
They remember,
how they got frozen,
deep in the middle of the dance.
Just the two of them,
framed and still in the moment.

It was during a short pause
from the local waltz,
when their smiles were real,
and their sweat were tears,
of joy, of sorrow and of anxiety.
In their minds,
She thanked God, for having this moment.
He cursed man, for it was just an instant.
They both hoped, for this pause to linger,
as long as they wanted it to.
Still frozen, their eyes gazed through each other’s soul,
Seeing themselves happy together,
But no, not in this world, never.
So in their hearts, they cried
as how the triple harmony,
of their movements, their music and their heartbeats
ended with just one step.

****

Someone, whom I admire, once told me that I should cherish every moment in my life. He told me that a single moment happens only once. Though it may seem to be repeated, it is not exactly the same as the one that preceded it. He also told me that I should value the person whom I shared that time with, more than the occasion itself.

Just like everyone else, I also have my own set of memories and persons that I treasure. Though a lot of things have changed, those that I have valued still remain close to me. Well, at least most of them. As much as I want to follow what he had told me, I simply can’t. Things change. They never stay the same, although some things seem to be.

Still, I would want to believe in what my friend told me. I hope that these things that I hold on to at present would last, just as how he told me so.


****
Whoo! Congratulations pala queng Aslag Online! Just like everything else, it has also changed. Tutwa ne rin! And if the plan pushes through, baka ma-replace ne into a real website! O ha! Nang asabi mu karin? Haha! Congratulations din kareng meg-contribute, kareng masisipag magsulat, kareng mag-maintain AOL at kekatamu ngang AguPeople. Ali ne man siguru magluwat nung ali tamu ngan meg-effort para keni. Cheers to another year of clicking the you-know-what! Haha!

UP Aguman on Facebook

UP AGUMAN

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

EXECUTIVE COUNCIL 2009-2010

  • President:
  • KEVIN PENALBA
  • Internals Vice-President:
  • TRISH NACPIL
  • Externals Vice-President:
  • ARIES VIRAY
  • Secretary:
  • MICHAEL GULAPA
  • Treasurer:
  • BRYAN QUIZON
  • Educational Committee Chairperson:
  • RUTH HENSON
  • Socio-Cultural Committee Chairperson:
  • MINSKY GOCE
Powered By Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google PageRank Checker Tool

AguPIPS on Multiply