Monday, February 25, 2008

Two Aguman members run in the USC Elections

Two Aguman members are running for the position of Councilor in the University Student Council (USC) Elections for AY 2008-2009. Interestingly, they belong to two opposing parties. Bang Dizon (Kaputul 2004A) is running under Stand-UP and Paul Feliciano (Kadaya 2005A) is running under Alyansa.


Bang Dizon, 4th Year, BA Art Studies
Stand-UP, incumbent CAL Representative to the USC
"When I was asked if I could run again, I was quite hesitant since I am already graduating. But with the mere fact that they asked me to run, I felt flattered and privileged. But at the same time, I had the burden to continue what I have started the past year, especially with all the issues UP is facing on its 100th year. It's worth it to sacrifice another year to be of service to the UP community. Plus, being at the council provides a training that you can never get anywhere else. Medyu makalungkut mu kasi I could've been active in Aguman, my sorority or any other organization nung eku meg-Council. But I hope you guys could understand, after all, I could not be here (in the USC) if not for your support."




Paul Feliciano, 3rd Year, BS Business Economics
Alyansa, incumbent Junior Batch Representative in the Econ-SC
"As part of ALYANSA, I want to have a balanced USC where it really gives the students much importance and at the same time, being active in nation issues. I want to give priority to the students because the USC is for the students. Given my experience in the Econ-SC, I have many ideas that I want to be realized in the USC. That's why I want the whole party to win because we really prepared for our GPOA for the students. The USC is a numbers game -- you cannot do anything when your proposals are rejected because you are outnumbered. I really encourage you to read all of the GPOAs for you to have an informed decision when you vote. I hope you see that the Alyansa's GPOA is the most comprehensive, student oriented and concrete.
Tinagal ku dahil buri kung magserbisyu kekayu. Marakal ku abalu keng campaign ampong fulfilling talaga ing pamagsuyu kareng estudyanti istung kampanya."


Take note of these dates:
March 3, Monday, 9am-12nn, AS Steps - Meeting De Avance
March 4, Tuesday - USC Elections, go out and visit your respective colleges to vote!

UP Aguman on Facebook

UP AGUMAN

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

EXECUTIVE COUNCIL 2009-2010

  • President:
  • KEVIN PENALBA
  • Internals Vice-President:
  • TRISH NACPIL
  • Externals Vice-President:
  • ARIES VIRAY
  • Secretary:
  • MICHAEL GULAPA
  • Treasurer:
  • BRYAN QUIZON
  • Educational Committee Chairperson:
  • RUTH HENSON
  • Socio-Cultural Committee Chairperson:
  • MINSKY GOCE
Powered By Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google PageRank Checker Tool

AguPIPS on Multiply