Sunday, August 5, 2007

Buddy, buddy.. magkanu dakang a-bid?

Master. Sponsor. Guardian… These are all terms used to refer to that particular member that is assigned to personally assist one particular applicant. Keni keng Aguman, ‘buddy’ ing gagamitan tamu. No offense to other orgs, frats or soros, but in a campus where every org you encounter practically declares themselves to be a ‘family’, what other term could be possibly be any more familial than a ‘buddy’?

I don’t know for sure when this buddy system was established or introduced in the Aguman application process, pero osimap aisip da ini! The application process wouldn’t be as colorful and meaningful without that one member that can either make the application hurdles a lot easier or could just be another source of problem, hehe! Pero syempre, not all buddies are what they’re all cracked up to be. Ing tutu na kanyan, ali egana-gana kekatamu meging pakanta kalapit lub kareng buddies tamu. But for those who really jived during and/or after the application process, we know that having a buddy is as good as having another koya or ating.

E yamu basta-basta ing pamag-buddy keng
UP Aguman – it’s definitely more than meets the eye. I personally had buddies in my other organization but only in Aguman do we give much importance and emphasis on being and having one. (If you yourself have applied in other organizations, you will know what exactly what I mean). Being a buddy-member is sensitive task. It’s comparable to being a mother who brings out a baby into this world. Similarly, a buddy-mem ‘brings out’ a member in the Aguman family. As a mother rears her children to be responsible adults, so does a buddy-mem who ‘trains’ his/her buddy-app to be a responsible member someday.

Ever heard the saying ‘You can’t choose your family, but you can choose your friends’? Still pretty much the same in the buddy business, except that it’s one way because technically, ing buddy-app ing mamili keng buddy-mem na. So whether or not buddies will get along is mainly the buddy-member’s task, haha!

Masaya ing maging buddy-mem, emo?
Adyang madagul ing accountability mu ampo ing pressure keka. It’s not the buddy gift one receives in the end but the thought that you’re helping someone that makes it worth it. Besides, who wouldn’t want an instant close friend, right?

So in line with the Buddy Week of the application process of Batch Baskal 2007A, cheers to all their buddies! Even buddies from way before! Dakila kayu… wushu! Haha! Here’s to all your sacrifices – kareng klasing me-cut, kareng exams na me-cram, kareng lakad na ali musundu, kareng dapat gawan na ali yu agawa, keng pamanyulud silly costumes, keng pamag-tanggul, keng ‘pakikipate’ kareng aliwang mems – egana-gana para mu misadsad la reng buddy-apps yu. Ninu sasabing atsu keng bid amount yan? ^_^

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Being an AguMem has been one of the greatest experience I've ever had, no kidding. Of course, I'm part of the best Kapampangan student org ever, oha saan ka pa? One of the best parts of being a member is being a buddy-mem. Asabi ku ita kasi being a buddy-mem brings so much challenge. What your buddy-app becomes as a member is really up to us. How we were as buddy-mems will have a great effect with the formation of our buddy-app as a member in the future. Also, it will test your time management skills. Being a buddy-mem means extra work for us pwera pa ketang acad works and org works. But once you see your buddy-app turn out into a great AguMember, it's such a great feeling of fulfillment because you know you were partly responsible for that. Syempre, enjoy din ita. Lalo na kapag atin activities na buddy-oriented, super saya plus itang bonding experience and all. Saka mas maging close ka kareng aliwang apps kung atin kang buddy. I've never had any regrets with my buddies, they were al great and I hope the feeling is mutual.
Andre Galang, Salagpi 2001A
Buddies:
Jen Manalang (Kasaup 2002A), Krystel Cruz (Sampelut 2003A), Cyrille Bautista (Kaputul 2004A)



Having 'reared' four buddy-apps in my stay in Aguman, I personally attest that being a buddy-mem is a fulfilling and challenging responsibility. I had very different experiences with each of the four buddy-apps I had. Whether or not each experience itself was a good or bad one is another story, hehe (Oh, ala na pang mag-side comment, neh?)! But this I can tell you, it pays to give it your best shot and full support. Because the reward in the end is not just officially inducting a new member into the Aguman family, but something that lingers and whose benefit manifests later in your Aguman life… and (I am confident to say) beyond.
Rex Dizon, Salagpi 2001A
Buddies: Dawn Cruz (Kasaup 2002A), Kristle Kerr (Sampelut 2003A), Nel Kabigting (Kaputul 2004A) & Paul Feliciano (Kadaya 2005A)

Having a buddy is exciting! But I am holding myself not to give her all that she needs for I don't want to spoon feed her. I let her explore and really feel the app process. But nonetheless, I give her sufficient information about the members so that she will get their signatures. I want her to get along with her co-apps and to realize how important batch unity is. I treat her as 1 of my friends so that she'll be comfortable with me and we'll get along just fine. I hope I'm not being a stage buddy, haha! I just make sure that she's doing well. I'm not pressuring her to be the best app but I want her to give the app process her best shot.
Jennifer Castro, Lakatan 2006A
Buddy: Neicy Nicdao, applicant, Baskal 2007A

UP Aguman on Facebook

UP AGUMAN

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

EXECUTIVE COUNCIL 2009-2010

  • President:
  • KEVIN PENALBA
  • Internals Vice-President:
  • TRISH NACPIL
  • Externals Vice-President:
  • ARIES VIRAY
  • Secretary:
  • MICHAEL GULAPA
  • Treasurer:
  • BRYAN QUIZON
  • Educational Committee Chairperson:
  • RUTH HENSON
  • Socio-Cultural Committee Chairperson:
  • MINSKY GOCE
Powered By Blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google PageRank Checker Tool

AguPIPS on Multiply